Ciao! Thank you so much for stopping by!
Are you planning to visit Italy?
Or, are you learning Italian?
Or maybe, are you just fascinated by Italy, but don’t know if you’ll ever go there?
If your answer is yes to one or more of these questions, I think we are a perfect match!
My name is Cinzia and I’d love to become your insider in Italy, the one who tells you fun and interesting things about living in this country and shares with you the secrets for dealing with us weird Italians, offering you all the tools you need to enjoy Italy and its culture at best.
My desire is to take you to Italy with me, so that this lovely, crazy country will be just one click away from you. Whether you want to learn Italian or simply get to know more about la cultura italiana, I am here for you. And, trust me, I promise we’ll have fun together, enjoying time the Italian way.
What brought me here?
In a previous life, I was a sales and marketing assistant for a big multinational. I liked my role, but some years ago the economic downturn meant I was suddenly out of a job. To sort things out and clear my mind, I did some travelling and looked for something to do which I really loved. One day, back home from travelling, I came across the Master’s degree program in Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language held by the University of Genoa and something clicked inside: I knew what I wanted to do!
I want to share with the world my love for the Italian language and the culture of my country, giving people the tools they need to enjoy Italy and Italian culture at its best.
And since I like to dream big, sharing with the world really meant with the whole world. Therefore I decided to open this website, in order to reach all the people who might be interested in Italy, but cannot make the trip here, or those who need tips for their upcoming visit, or maybe those who are learning Italian and need some help. So please consider this place your little home in Italia and feel free to come inside and drink some cappuccino together.
If you want to read more about my goals for this website, you can check my first blog post.
If you want to know everything about my education and work experience, you can find my professional bio on LinkedIn.
But there’s a lot behind a cold professional bio, don’t you agree? Well, let me tell you a few things about me – as if we were having a coffee together.
- I am Italian, which means I eat pasta most every day.
- But I also love to travel, which means some of my favorite foods are guacamole, ramen and dulce de leche.
- Cinzia is quite a difficult name to pronounce for non-Italian speakers, but a lot of people call me Cindy, so please use this one if you prefer!
- Some days I wish I lived in New York, some others in a cabin in the woods, but one thing is sure: I will own a farm sooner or later.
- My days will never begin without a good cup of coffee. I should have said espresso, but no, only filter coffee in the morning for me, thank you. Very un-Italian, I know.
Wanna know a bit more? I’ve played a game and answered 20 Questions About Me.
You can also check out Instantly Italy’s manifesto, if you like.
Ok, enough about me. What about you? Tell me something about you, please! I’d love to hear your story, what brought you here and why you are interested in Italy and its culture. I’d be really, really happy to get an email from you. But if you do not feel like writing, there are some other ways to keep in touch:
- Facebook, where we can discuss which is our favorite Italian food or soccer player or fashion designer. Or whatever we feel like to.
- Instagram, where you can get a glimpse of my little Italian world.
- Pinterest, where I share all the most inspiring images of Italy I can find.
- My blog, where I tell you everything about my mom and her secret Italian recipes, my love for my dog, books and lots of other things.
I can’t wait to hear from you!
All portrait photos are by Michela Ghio.